1. Our direct licensing guidelines

1.1. These are the direct licensing guidelines of LUCY’S CROWN. This document
contains information about licensing our sound recordings and music videos. It sets out
the procedure to be followed when you are making an enquiry about direct licensing for
public performance or transmission.

1.2. An alternative to licensing the sound recording or music video directly from us is
to obtain a blanket license from the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia
(PPCA). If you obtain the PPCA blanket license then you will not require a license from
us because the blanket license gives you permission, within the terms of the license, to
play any recording from the PPCA catalogue which covers over 5,000 recording labels
including our sound recordings and music videos. Go to www.ppca.com.au or call PPCA
on (02) 8569 1111 to find out more.

2. Types of licenses offered for sound recordings and music videos

2.1. We only provide non-exclusive licenses. This means we can offer the same
licenses to other people. For example, if we license your restaurant to play our sound
recordings and/or music videos, we can also license any other businesses (including
other restaurants) that wish to play our sound recordings and/or music videos.

2.2. We offer licenses for the following purposes:
a transmission licenses for our sound recordings and music videos. You will need a
transmission license if you intend to communicate the sound recording or music video to
the public, for example by way of radio, television or the internet;
b public performance licenses for our sound recordings and music videos. You will
need a public performance license if you intend to play the sound recording or music
video in public, for example by playing a CD at your business premises;

2.3. These licenses are separate from any license required in respect of the underlying
copyright in the music and lyrics on the sound recording or music video. Unless the
underlying musical works are no longer protected by copyright, you will also need to
obtain permission to use the underlying musical works (including any lyrics). Permission
to use musical works can be sought from the Australasian Performing Rights Association
(APRA) and the Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (AMCOS). These
two organizations operate from the same office and have responsibility for different types
of licensing. See www.apra.com.au or call 1300 852 388.

3. What is the process for direct licensing?

3.1. To enquire about directly licensing any of our sound recordings or music videos,
please contact Mr. Sonny King at sonnyking@lucyscrown.com

3.2. We require the following information:
a your business name;
b your ABN;
c your contact details;
d a brief description of your business (e.g. café, gym, radio station, film festival);
e an accurate estimation, to the best of your ability and in good faith, of the number
of customers per month attending your business (for radio and television stations,
we require an estimate of your audience numbers. For one-off events please
estimate the number of people you anticipate will attend);
f the title of each sound recording and/or music video you wish to use (if you wish to
use the entire album please indicate this);
g a brief description of how you will be using the sound recording and/or music video
(please keep the description under 200 words);
h how long you require the license (for example, is it for a one-off event or do you
require it for a longer period, such as 12 months?); and

3.3. Once you have provided us with this information we will get in touch with you to
discuss whether a direct license is likely to be appropriate in the circumstances. Please
be patient, we are only a small business and due to our limited resources it may take
several days for us to respond to your valued enquiry.

3.4. After speaking with you, we may require additional information. Once you have
provided us with any additional information we require we will provide you with a quote
for the license fee. Our license fee includes the cost of preparing the license agreement.
License fees vary depending on the type of use you are making of the sound recording or
music video. Please note that we do not provide any licenses free of charge.

3.5. If you accept our license fee you must notify us in writing of your acceptance. We
will then prepare the license, which sets out the terms and conditions under which we
grant you the license.

3.6. We grant licenses to the following types of businesses and for the following
purposes. If your business type or purpose is not listed you may fit into our ‘other’
a childcare centers;
b community halls;
c concert venues;
d festivals;
e gymnasiums and fitness centers;
f music on hold;
g nightclubs;
h restaurants and cafes;
i schools and universities;
j other.

3.7. Once you have paid the license fee and have signed the license agreement you are
able to use the sound recording and/or music video in accordance with the terms and
conditions of the license. Don’t forget to contact APRA and AMCOS to see if you also
require a license from them for the use of the musical works and lyrics. See
www.apra.com.au or call APRA and AMCOS on 1300 852 388 to find out more.